The purpose of this project is to build upon the Regional Board SUD ecosystem 2020 planning effort and implement a program called Collaborative Recovery Empowerment of the Southern Tier (CREST) to maintain employment and sustained recovery for those in the recovery workforce.
- Southern Tier 8 Regional Board (Local Development District, project administrator)
- LEAF Council on Alcoholism & Addictions (workplace training provider & coordinator for wellness program)
- Family Counseling Services of Cortland County (SUD treatment; identifying unemployed & providing peer supports)
- the Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County (SUD treatment; identifying unemployed & providing peer supports)
- Broome Tioga Workforce Investment Board (providing workforce training & connecting to workplace)
- The Greater Binghamton Chamber (connecting to workplace & expansion to additional Chambers)
The Southern Tier 8 region consists of the eight counties of Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schoharie, Tompkins and Tioga. The region is largely rural, including 129 towns, 54 villages and five small urban centers, i.e., Binghamton, Norwich, Cortland, Oneonta and Ithaca.
CREST Project Timeline
May 2021- September 2023
Addressing workplace wellness, $112,000 has been dedicated for the launch of a workplace wellness program for local businesses. The intent is to design an evidence-based workplace wellness program that defines how to best engage peer support in the workplace and support healthy workforce needs.
The chosen provider will work with the project partners to select 5-8 local businesses that will participate in this program.
Criteria for Provider:
- Knowledge and real-world application of substance abuse referral-to-treatment strategies that integrate with workplace health promotion
- Real-world experience with small businesses in applying the above
- Workplace Wellness programming recognized by NYS OASAS as a Promising Practice for use by OASAS funded prevention partners.
- Consultation capacity to support providers in the development of programs that integrate evidence-based practices
- Additional consultation capacity in these areas
- Conducting stakeholder interviews and curating data from those interviews
- Conducting focus groups and curating data from those groups
- Mentoring provider staff in interview and focus group methodology
- Adapting evidence-based programs
- Developing fidelity instruments and monitoring fidelity
- Assessment and Evaluation of program efficacy
- Pilot program design
- Overseeing fieldwork for successful delivery of program translation
- Consultative Support for Marketing and Recruitment of Businesses
- Evaluation and Assessment and Psychometric Expertise
- Evidence of Research Publications in fields related to above
- Expertise in assessing program impact
- Ability to develop psychometric instruments for assessing the impact
- Ability to create easy-to-understand reports
- The applicant must reply to [email protected] by May 25, 2021