Looking to work with a dynamic team that is dedicated to building community capacity and supporting impactful economic development ecosystems across the Southern Tier? If so, you may enjoy a new career with Southern Tier 8 Regional Board! We are a government agency with several expanding initiatives in workforce development, regional planning and community development and now, seeking talented professionals to join our team!
About the Organization:
The Southern Tier 8 Regional Board is the Local Development District (LDD) for the Appalachian Regional Commission and serves the counties of Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schoharie, Tioga, and Tompkins in Upstate, NY. Learn more about the organization’s community development impact here: “Return on Investments”.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and part-time (20 hours per week) positions are available. Benefits include a flexible schedule with remote-working options, professional development opportunities, participation in the New York State Retirement System, Excellus Healthcare & Sun Life Dental, generous paid leave, and life insurance. Broome County Personnel administers the provisions of the New York State Civil Service Law while ensuring fair employment and equal opportunity under the law to all persons, and Southern Tier 8 Regional Board is a recovery-friendly workplace.
POLICY & PLANNING SPECIALIST
Seeking a Policy & Planning Specialist to assist the Executive Director with regional planning initiatives. Current program activities include:
- Program development with partner agencies and contracted assistance for improved Broadband Infrastructure. Provide technical assistance related to planning, grant writing, government relations, and policy advocacy.
- Assess community needs with available resources for key Economic Development Sites with partner agencies across the Region.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare committee meeting agendas and organizational tasks.
- Conduct in-depth topic research and fulfill inquiries from staff and partner agencies; draft and/or review topic-based documents.
- Represent the agency in meetings with elected officials, steering committees, and inter-agency working groups.
- Monitor, analyze, and advise on all legislative and regulatory actions related to the agency program portfolio.
- Work with the Communications Manager to develop public education materials.
- Perform initial grant searches and assists with reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies, geomatics, economics or closely related field and two years of experience in regional planning or government work. The position is exempt and dependent upon experience, starts with a 2022 annual salary of $50,000 to $60,000. See the full job description for additional details, including alternative minimum qualification pathways. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Executive Director Jen Gregory at [email protected] before September 28th.