Looking to work with a dynamic team that is dedicated to building community capacity and supporting impactful economic development ecosystems across the Southern Tier? If so, you may enjoy a new career with Southern Tier 8 Regional Board! We are a government agency with several expanding initiatives in workforce development, regional planning and community development and now, seeking talented professionals to join our team!
About the Organization:
The Southern Tier 8 Regional Board is the Local Development District (LDD) for the Appalachian Regional Commission and serves the counties of Broome, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schoharie, Tioga, and Tompkins in Upstate, NY. Learn more about the organization’s community development impact here: “Return on Investments”.
Full-time (37.5 hours per week) and part-time (20 hours per week) positions are available. Benefits include a flexible schedule with remote-working options, professional development opportunities, participation in the New York State Retirement System, Excellus Healthcare & Sun Life Dental, generous paid leave, and life insurance. Broome County Personnel administers the provisions of the New York State Civil Service Law while ensuring fair employment and equal opportunity under the law to all persons, and Southern Tier 8 Regional Board is a recovery-friendly workplace.
Now Hiring: COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Seeking a Communications Manager to coordinate external and partner communications representing the Southern Tier 8 Regional Board’s multiple programs and platforms. This professional will serve as a liaison between the internal program team and additional creative marketing teams and the brand ambassador with external partners. Current program activities include:
- Update the organizational websites with the creative team for consistent messaging (current sites include: The Organization’s, Regional Networking & Events, Public Stormwater Education, Broadband Survey).
- Maintain organizational calendar and social media platforms with Administrative Assistant and program staff.
- Assist staff and creative teams to organize public events, maintain registration and assist with planning and host activities.
- Assist staff and creative teams to organize press conferences (funding & event announcements, policy updates) and maintain media relations.
- Work with professional creative marketing team and local economic development partners to launch two new regional platforms.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, public relations, journalism or Associates Degree with two years experience. The position is exempt and dependent upon experience, starts with a 2022 annual salary of $40,000 to $45,000. See the full job description for additional details, including alternative minimum qualification pathways. Please submit a letter of interest, resume, and three references to Executive Director Jen Gregory at [email protected] before March 11, 2022.