The 2021 POWER application is opening Tuesday 2/16/2021. Requirements:
- Register for the Application Workshop 2/25/2021
- Prepare a Letter of Intent before 3/5/2021 & cc: Southern Tier 8 Regional Board
- Submit full proposal before 4/16/2021
- grant writing tips & the 2021 funding announcement & previous awards
- Southern Tier 8’s Regional Impact summarized here:
Not only has the Southern Tier been impacted by the decline in American manufacturing, but families have also experienced the impact of the coal industry decline (from 2005 to 2015)…
1. Highly-recognized coal-dependent (how much does economy depend on coal?) counties include: Chenango, Tioga & Chemung
2. Moderately-impacted coal-industry-ecosystem (experienced negative impacts in transportation & supply-chain/manufacturing) counties include: Broome, Delaware, Schoharie, Alleghany & Cattaraugus and
3. Low-impacted coal-industry-ecosystem (transportation & supply-chain; coal-related industries) counties include: Cortland, Otsego, Tompkins, Schuyler & Chautauqua.
4. High-risk (of further decline of coal industry impacts) counties include Chenango and Chemung and moderate risk includes Tioga County.
5. Across the Southern Tier, plant retirements occurred in: Broome, Chenango & Tompkins Counties.
The Congressional-funded ARC POWER initiative aims to support communities impacted by the decline of the coal-industry ecosystem. Please see further information & research links: